Sunday, October 23, 2005

Existential Feline Conceptions

My cat is pregnant again. Unlike me, she has had more melodrama in her life than I have had in the past two decades. She's only two years old but she has had three boyfriends, four kittens and two grandkittens.

I can't say she's lucky; but i wonder, what does she think of everything that has happened to her? It's not like she had a choice in all of this. If she had, I would imagine her saying to remain single sans babies all throughout her life, publish best-sellers, have little adventures across asia and europe, and build her little, white beach house in Cebu. Ms. Bagonsoy, the little jetsetter. Did I mention she's little?

These days, I find myself day dreaming more often. My head gets spiritted away to what ifs, illusions of Diego Luna whisking me away to some lovely soiree in Tuscany, and consumed by the sound of a four-thousand strong crowd, chanting quintessential Coldplay lyrics.

It's becoming a terrible habit, really. It's promoting unhealthy delusions. Then again, I have always been ansty about the future.

No comments: