Monday, February 02, 2009

Facebook Shmacebook

Do you have a facebook?

Everybody has one, so my sister tells me. Friendster is so yesterday, she says. My brother concurs on this and they both have been convincing me, without facebook commission, to get one. According to them, its a lot less messier and COOLER than Friendster. Only sooper cool people are in Facebook! A few bored evenings later, I finally got one last week. Not because I wanted to be cooler than I already am (hyukhyukhyuk) but ONLY because I wanted in in the YoVille universe! It's a tiny virtual cutesy village! I had to have my own Yoville beach house and that shiny blue thingie on my doorstep! Its a shameful habit, I know. I have a slightly severe affection to cute stuff online.

I know it was wrong. I opened a facebook account without any intention to work the social web. Gasp. I don't have any contacts there, except my brother, my sister and my sister's boyfriend to work as slaves and workers for my Yoville benefit. It's not that I have an aversion to social networking sites (I have a Multiply account, haven't I?). I'm just lazy. But I do have a Friendster account, to much prodding of college friends. They insisted I get one to monitor my transistion from eager moth to mothball. Compared to my sister's, who once had 800 friends on one occasion, my directory has a measly 70. They make up some of my closest friends and relatives. My Friendster is for people who want to get a general idea to all sorts of fun manangs do. I figured, its the least I could do to appease them. People close to me somehow out of habit console my single life with plausible deaths of an ovary or a uterus. I tell myself they love me enough to spare me from erimitical despair. Apparently, its akin to the bottomless pit! Its the sads. So people warn me and have been warning me ever since I was out of diapers that staying un-married forever is the worst decision you will ever make. That said, I haven't given some of them a link to this multiply account just yet. My potty mouth, am afraid, isn't very endearing. I don't think foul-mouthed manang runs well during reunions. That only works when you want to charm your way out of certain situations. Heh. But that's another story.





I've completely forgotten the point in this entry.

Have a nice February, folks!

No comments: