Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Universe: Earth To Tin!

I had a really weird phonecall from my aunt yesterday. Halfway through the conversation, she desperately insisted that it was high time I get a significant other. It sounded like a matter of life and death, carefully disarming me with thoughts of Ovarain Cancer, cystic tumors and whatnot. Apparently, single females have a high risk of developing life-threatening reproductive system diseases. And I'm on the short-list. It seems like everyone always has something to say about my (nonexistent) lovelife.

The Holiday season brings the most bizarre surprises.

My dear friend Arifah and I contemplated on our scarce prosects and our inability to get a decent find. Here's an excerpt of our conversation:

Me: Maybe he hasn't turned up yet because we aren't ready. That or he could already be married. We're stuck in the waiting room, waiting for fate to get his shit together and give us our own versions of (Johnny) Depp.

Arifah: Hahaha. Yeah, all the good men are either taken or gay... waiting room, waiting for fate to get his freaking shit together. Hahaha..

Everything fits so perfectly with my theory. That I could have been a nun in my past life or one of those Vestal Virgins of Ancient Rome. It explains why I am constantly surrounded with fellow spinsters and why I subliminally repel the opposite gender. Whoopee, mystery solved.

Honestly, its a tad too tiresome to be thinking about these things. Sometmes I do wish I had answers for every thing the universe throws at me on a daily basis. That would be great; so I dont always end up like a deer flashed with headlights at the other end of the conversation. Then again where's the fun in that? I'm greedy. I want my fair share of those bizarre surprises too. So whatever, right? Bring it on?

No comments: