Sunday, March 16, 2008

Random Thoughts Part I

Getting through a slower internet connection is like watching Gretchen Baretto's ultra-cheesefest permeate through my TV screen. It is slow and painful. Have you seen her phonetically mouthing the words to Please Dont Ask Me in her new music video? I sat through the whole clip shown at the Da Bash today, feeling something slowly dying inside in me. That debauchery reeks of violent desparation. Someone give that woman a show already. She qualifies for that, at least. You've got to give her a little credit though. She has singlehandedly hoisted herself back on Pinoy TV --- through sheer belief in her own smut, er, PR, complete with the usual hysterics a starlet could only deliver. If she's taking lessons from Gloria, I want to know.

But I digress.

It took me an hour to check my email today and 15 minutes just to sign in to Multiply. Ack. the scourge of Dial-up. This absolute decision of coming home to hibernate has its limits. However, I'd give up anything for my dear mother's delirium-inducing humba--- including buffer-free viewing at Crunchyroll. Sigh. Just as I was harboring the white man's fantasy of turning Japanese...

****

Besides the humba, my trip to CDO two days ago was the highlight of the week. CDO is the city of my golden friendships. Chessy liner, I know. I couldn't resist. I am blessed to have the best people as friends. I love, love you guys!

It thrills me that everyone is up and running with their new adventures and are putting a brave front for the challenge each one is inevitable bound to take.

God bless you on your journey. Keep fighting the good fight.

***

Kudos to Manny Pacquiao. We shamelessly pumped our fists for you. He.he.

I have issues with his fame-whoring antics but I give mad props to his jabbing skills.

***

I've exactly two weeks left to relish in this long over-due vacation. I hope I have something to account for at the end of all of this.

No comments: