Wednesday, March 05, 2008

State Of the Union

I must confess, I haven't seen the news. Someone asked me a day ago what the lastest political scandal was -- the crude and petulant political mongering on the defunct ZTE deal. I had nothing substantial to say, only that, I'm sick and tired of how vile the system is.

Before you do quit on reading this, I assure you, I'm not going to go about proletyzing. I dont have that in me. Plus, its a waste of space.

I'm halfway through the second season of HBO series, Rome. And it dawned on me --- the Philippines is still stuck in the same sh*th*le as the Roman Republic. We could be living at a parallel time. It's highly disturbing. It never occured to me that honor can be found in murder and betrayal, that the common good can be brought about by corruption and the prostitution of values, and that political greed, if really peristent, is a running virtue...for the good of the Republic. When you think about it, is there really any difference with the way our so-called leaders run the country with that of Ancient Rome?

Ho-hum. Moving on...

No comments: