Monday, March 10, 2008

Stop And Go

Seeing mass mobilisation in the news today puts me in nostalgic mode.

I don't really know how I've become so disillusioned with the movement and how I've succumbed to this philistine apathy I put on these days. Perhaps, I've grown numb? At times like these, when your life is somewhat on a standstill, you pause and assess whatever it is that compels you to live -- your personal truths and the youthful ideologies you swore a long time ago to keep with you to your grave -- and consider how you're going to live through when life decides to change gears.

Maybe I've taken on that silly nickname my friends used to tease me -- "Tin-Tin Burgis" to heart. It was always made in jest whenever I snubbed every guitar session of learning the chords to Rosas ng Digma and opted for poring through OLP's Naveed, or when I pulled out a tirade of English-Bisaya dribble. Somehow, I've always felt they were never far from the truth. After a few short years, I've come to this. But I've seen friends come and go, and at those moments I always feel that I've somewhat made the right choice. Maybe I was meant to trudge on a different road.

Soul-searching is a funny business. It never lets up.

No comments: