Friday, January 09, 2009

Rakenrol A Bye Baby

My 11 day old niece hates the Backstreet Boys. She has a thing for Death Cab For Cutie. And DCFC only. Not Kings of Leon, not even Led Zep. Not even my singing. I'm not sure if I agree. Hee.

We recently discovered during babysitting duties that the only sound that could calm an irate Caitlin was Ben Gibbard's narration on DCFC's Cath. We hit play, she instantly stops crying and goes to sleep. It's like a Christmas miracle.

I'm not sure what it does. Maybe it's similar to white noise or radio static, which babies most respond to. Whatever it is, it sure helps tone down this babysitter's paranoia. Now we play the whole thing on loop until she falls asleep. I'm not sure what that does to everyone's sanity, but we're willing to gamble with our lives.

I can't believe it. We have a baby in the house!

Love. Love.

Here's the track. Maybe you can tell me why the baby falls into hypnosis with this song. :P


No comments: