Friday, February 29, 2008

The Day Out Saga



So I wigged out.


I've settled that the next best thing to an exotic holiday is lazying around the house with a good book in tow, an unpretentious cup of tea, and India Arie quietly declaring that she is Ready For Love in the background. Nothing beats a good dose of mush to keep your spirits up.

That is at least for three good hours.

I'm out of sorts today. I have no idea why. This emotional downturn couldn't have come at a better timing. Its Leap Day; and I'm already reaching out for this year's Sappy-Angry anthem. It's Urbandub's Guillotine right now. And I'm wailing "All Hope Is Gone, All Hope Is.." after closing the book on page 33 and muffling India Arie's optimism. I cant help it. I'm too old for this shit. I know. Urgh. I blame this on hormones. Hehe.

* * *

On a brighter note, I actually accomplished something today. I actually got out of the house. I seem to do less and less of that these days. I really have no reason steeping out the front door and actually walking three feet
away from the doorstep. Everything today is conveniently home-based ---working out (I really do.he.he.), fastfood mad-stuffing, connecting with friends from back home, and yes, work. Even my job is home-based. Oi! I really have to make an excuse to bask in the sun once in a while, don't I? He. He.


No comments: