Friday, February 29, 2008

Day Out

Today, I decided to get myself a whack on the head and went out alone in this city without any itenerary. I used to love going out by myself -- spending hours just doing nothing, hopping from one record bar/bookstore to another and hogging a table to myself at some densely packed resto. Today, the thought of it all seems debilitating. I've been reduced to chicken feed. Its been two hours and I've already gotten bored. I'm running out of ideas here. In a span of less than an hour, I've already bought two books. Milan Kundera's Lightness of Being and Gabriel Garcia Marquez's Love In The Time Of Cholera. Three minutes out of the bookstore, I was already itching to poke these keys and oggle at some Asian popstar at Crunchyroll. I've gotten so used to being cooped up inside the house that I no longer know how it is to actually have fun in the real world.

I've already cancelled my reservations for Confessional this evening. I've no one to go with. Someone bailed out on me. I want to go but it really isnt so fun going to one and not having anyone to lay your complaints of the potential litany of social and political issues the film will entail. Aaaargh, how I wish to have an actual friend right now. Cha, you interested in teleporting here for the film showing this evening? he. he.

With the whole afternoon wide open, I'm thinking... what's the best way to stuff yourself mad with Happy? Hmmmm.... Any ideas?

No comments: