Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Spell Angry

S'kay. Im entitled to shit on the universe once in a while, right? I know it doesnt do anyone good. It magnifies and transforms your Godzilla into a different monster altogether. You meet Space Alien Turbocharge Godzilla 5000 and its downhill from there for sure. Trust me, I've gone that road too many times and it aint pretty. It takes a while to regain your wits after losing your shit ( I just have to say that). After collecting your brains, you realize the horror of it all -- the complications of one nasty little comment and the bad press that will hound you for weeks on end. But really, is it really worth it? Do we really have to be angry to be, er, authentic? It's just downright messy.

I hate being angry. I dont like what I look like when I'm all wired. I've gone through its variations. There's funny-angry, when your eyes pop out of your nostrils (oh, its possible) and your voice quake to a shrill high. The sulky-angry, when your slight pout descends to the ground while your nerves quietly throb on your forehead. And the crazy-angry, when you just get, well, u-g-l-y. At the end of it all, you've somehow managed to morph into an imitation of a lesser life form (think: single-celled amoeba). Its never pretty with these things.

I have to be comforted by the thought that it is human after all to have these tiny spats with the world and with specific persons. Whatever it's worth, it's tough. No one wins when you're angry.

No comments: